Friday, October 5, 2012

Day Two Hundred and Seventy Eight: The BEST Day of Our Life

The day you have all been waiting for. WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 3RD at 2:17PM we OFFICIALLY became PARENTS!!! YAY!!!!!!

We arrived at the courthouse and waited patiently for our turn. (Of course, I hired a professional photographer to capture the moment) Anyway, when they called "In the Matter of Baby Boy XXXX" we walked up to the stand. As soon as our attorney started examining us (things like what is your name) I broke down in tears. I cried, and cried, and cried, and cried. We have waited 6 long, painful, and devastating years for this day and it was finally here. As Jude was smiling and hamming it up with the judge and his clerks I just thought to myself, how are we this blessed?

This little boy that we have only known for 5 months and 19 days has completed our life. I would go to the end of the Earth for this little man; he is so loved. When the judge said, "Well then, officially at 2:17pm, this boy is now your son, congratulations", I cried and cried and cried again. He smirked and said, "I love cases like this." The photographer told me that the court clerks were crying with me. I love my husband and all, but October 3, 2012 will go down in history as the BEST day of my life, and I am sure it is his as well. If Jude's birth mother only knew how she has blessed us. She is my hero.

So after months and months of agony, let me introduce you to the man who has stolen my heart:
 (in his nursery for newborn pictures)



 
SO INCREDIBLY BLESSED.

2 comments:

  1. ah Amy, he is adorable!! now show us an updated photo! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this story! You need to update your blog heading now, you DO have a family :o)

    ReplyDelete