Well, as usual in our life, we found out yesterday at 3pm that the birthmother has backed out of the adoption. We are absolutely heartbroken and shattered. I can't hate her for changing her mind, but I can hate her for having this baby
DAYS AGO and hiding it. Merry Christmas. ~Amy
Zac and Amy,
ReplyDeleteI don't know you guys, but I have walked through the adoption path myself. I have been following your blog, and have been waiting with anticipation with you guys.
I have been where you are today. This hurts like hell. I know. No ammount of platitudes can change how you guys feel.
For some reason this is the path of adoption though. This is the path you were destined to walk. And IT DOES NOT END HERE. Keep your mind on the end result. The 10 to 15 year from now-end result. You guys will get through this. You will be tucking your kid in to bed sometime in the (hopefully) near future looking back on this experience with different eyes.
And there are blessings in adoption that will make this all more than worth it.
It does get better, and even when you think there's no way, you will get through this.
This sucks. Sucks bad. But IT WILL happen for you guys if you stay the course. Until then, know there's a community of people like myself who have stood in your shoes who know what you are going through and who are holding you up.
Thank you so much for your inspirational words. Right now I can even see a glimmer of hope, but I am praying it will pass. I would love to talk to you more, could you email me?
ReplyDeleteThebradtfamily @gmail.com
Have a great holiday. Amy
Amy, I kinda cried a little when I saw this. Ugh. I just want to say that when my sister gave her infant son to the family she chose, they had shared that they had also experienced this situation, a birth mother had backed out, and they nearly gave up, but now, 6 years after my sister gave them her son, they go on and on about how that little guy "completes their family" and they know without a doubt he was meant for them, and they were meant for him. They are grateful that it happened the way it happened, or they would have lost out on our little guy. I know that's only easy to say after it all works out, but I hope maybe one day you'll get the baby that completes your family. It's just meant to be.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Leslie. That was very sweet of you to share. XoXo
ReplyDelete