Sunday, September 11, 2011

Garage Sale: CHECK!

So this weekend we had a garage sale. We only had it on Saturday and the hours were 7:30-12:00. I was not messing around. At first, it was slow and I about hit the panic button since we are trying to come up with as much money as possible to pay for this Home Study next weekend. Luckily, around 10am, it picked up and we made $460.00!! And, that is after expenses like permit, ads, signs, etc! Not bad for a couple of hours, huh? That will get us close to 1/2 of the total cost! Phew!

Saturday afternoon turned into a good time! Me, my mother, and my mother-in-law went shopping for BABY B!!! We got a crib:



and a whole traveling system. Look at this cute bassinet we got to go along with it. It snaps into the stroller turning it into a new version of a buggy. SO cute!



I am OVERWHELMED by this baby stuff! Why are there 3,298 brands of bottles and things to choose from? Ugh! STRESS! I REALLY wanted the Orbit travel system, but with all of the costs associated with adoption, I talked myself out of a $2,000 travel system. I asked my friends, and read online what was the best/safest, and the consensus was Britax. So Baby B will be fully protected in it! A local baby store was having a great deal... If you bought the stroller, bases, etc, you got the infant carrier for FREE! You are limited to the colors that they had in stock, so green it is! I could really care less about the color, but we were laughing because my mother was obsessed with it. Green is the color of the Thomas Terriers, and without Zac's family we wouldn't be where we are, so the green travel system is some homage! ;)

The birth mother is going back to the doctor on the 27th of this month, so fingers crossed, we will know the sex on the 28th! Yea! ~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment