Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011: The Year of Shedding.

Happy New Year, everybody! This year we are focusing on change. We are having a family cleanse. We are cleansing our bodies, our finances, and our house.

First, we are dieting. We have said this in the past, but enough is enough. We have been depressed due to infertility, and just haven't cared. Now, as we are breaking into the horizon of happiness again, we are getting fit. So, wish us luck and weight loss. ;)

Secondly, we are tightening up on our finances. We are getting our debt paid off, and we are going to be more frugal. We are going to try and fatten our "nest egg" and not spend outside of our means. We are also going to cut back on our frivolous spending. (That will be hard...)

Lastly, our house needs a deep clean. It is all tied up with what was previously stated. I frivolously spend. If I see something I have to have, I buy it without thinking twice. That has to stop. Why? Our "nursery" is packed down with home accessories. It's embarrassing. Some still have tags, because that must-have never made it. So, garage sale, Ebay and Craig's List. Whatever it takes. I need to rid myself of the clutter. I am getting rid of things I have never used, jewelry unworn, lamps unlit. If we haven't used it; it's going.

2010 was the year of fun, now 2011 is going to be the year of shedding. Shedding all things heavy. Fat, debt, and clutter; that's what we are getting rid of. This year's resolutions, unlike one's in the past, we are sticking to without an option of failure. So, I wish for everyone else the strength we are going to have because 2011- We are NOT taking no as an answer! Happy New Year! ~Amy

1 comment:

  1. ooooh you sound pumped! i love new year and the chance to start again! good luck.

    ReplyDelete