Sunday, August 8, 2010

Nasty Hot

Well, we went to the Bob Dylan concert and it was amazing. The only thing bad about it was, it was nasty hot! I do not sweat very much (probably related to Sjogren's) but it looked like I jumped in a pool by the time the sun went down. Here's the reason why.... We paid for VIP seats. Worth EVERY penny, if it was October, but in August, not so much. There is not an ounce of breeze because they pack you in like sardines! We sat literally 6 rows from Bobby D, and I really almost cried when he came out. Everyone who knows me knows that music truly moves me and to see a legend like that, rockin' it out at 69.... AMAZING! My friend Melanie and I (she went with us as a b-day gift to her) were cracking up though, as we headed into the concert. 50% of the crowd was 60+ and the other 50% were hippies. Z decided to "dress himself" for the concert and sported a Lacoste polo with Ralph Lauren shorts and Sperry's. O.M.G. We were dying! He looked like he was about to board the yacht. Don't get me wrong, he looked super cute, but stuck out like a sore thumb! Then, as I was laughing at him, the joke was on me because I buy all of his clothes! I am going to have to add a little vintage to his wardrobe!

We didn't make it to Step Up 3, because I started feeling REALLY sick on Saturday. I am not sure what is going on, but I am deducing that it has something to do with the fact that I have been on antibiotics since the first of June!!!! I will be finished on Tuesday, so we will see how I feel. Oh, the antibiotics were for an abscess root canal I had to have fixed.... just in case I forgot to mention that in the previous "Why I've Been So Busy" blog!

Today we went to "Cow-Town" to buy me some cowboy boots. Here is the question I have for anyone who wants to answer it.... How is it possible that I will always find the most expensive thing in the store? Even in stores where I have no idea what I am doing? (i.e. cowboy stores) So, we walk into this store that has rows upon rows of boots. I have absolutely zero talent in Western wear, so a boot is a boot to me. Well, apparently not because the boots that I loved and immediately saw like a shining star in a mess of dull were $1200!!!!!!! My husband turned to me and said, "How is it possible that wherever we go you can find the most expensive thing in less than a minute?" Honestly.... I have no idea!!!!!! Nonetheless, I was not about to pay that much money for a boot that don't have red soles, so I settled in the sale section for some basic brown boots. Still cute though, right? Have a good week! ~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment