Have a good week! ~Amy
Through two failed in-vitros, numerous miscarriages, and a failed adoption, we now have the best family EVER!
Monday, May 31, 2010
Let Freedom Ring!
This weekend was a crazy one! First, we had my husband's football reunion game. It was pretty funny. It was the Classes of 1990-1999 vs. the Classes of 2000-2010. Needless to say, they got beat. Those young guys RAN all over them! The wives in the audience were cracking up at one point, when we looked on the field to see all of our men out stretching!
After the game we went to my father-in-law's family reunion. For those that read the blog last year, have no fear, I didn't go fishing! We had a great time except for two things... (1) A roach crawled on my back in the bed and (2) A bird pooped on my leg. Why do these things happen to me? It is like the universe knows I am the big chicken of the group, so it allows it. When my husband found the roach, I panicked and made the decision that we were going to a hotel. In my psychotic fury, I just came to the realization that I am not one for the outdoors. Everyone there makes fun of me and thinks it is ridiculous (in a nice way, of course) but they just don't understand. I am not that girl. At one point I asked my husband if my neurosis bothered him and apologized for being such a handful. He responded with, "Honey, trust me, I knew this about you LONG before we dated." Well, there. At least he knew what he was getting into! I love my father-in-laws family. We have absolutely nothing in common, but just gel. They are some of the nicest people on earth. We got bored at one point, and decided to go to the caverns. BIG mistake; HUGE! I was wearing jeans and gold sandals with no idea that I was entering a mud bath. As we were climbing, or should I say sliding, up and down stairs and around sharp corners, the tour guide announces that if you see a bat, please don't swat at it... great... Now, I am freaking out about the mudslide AND bats. About another 20 minutes into the tour, she announces, "And over here is where the rat snakes are." ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!??!?!?! I really am surprised I didn't cry. I've just come to the realization that I would rather walk the streets of South Central L.A. alone at 9pm, then ever come that close to nature again. What you see, is what you get. Some like the outdoors and some don't... I'm definitely in the latter group!!! (Oh, and P.S. I "toughed" it out and didn't get a hotel, but made my husband share a twin bed with me.... picture that!)

Have a good week! ~Amy
Have a good week! ~Amy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment