Sunday, March 21, 2010

Time FLIES!

So yesterday, in the blizzard, we headed south to Norman to attend my "niece's" birthday. This was also my flower girl, for those who were at the wedding. In 4 short years she has gone from this:

To this: It is so amazing how time flies. 4 years ago the little girl who loved stuffed animals and my homemade waffles, thinking spending the night with "Aunt Amy & Uncle Z" was the coolest thing is now all about peace signs, lava lamps, and being independent. I can only imagine how her mother feels! It was so funny yesterday, because at one point she was having a "moment" where she didn't want to skate anymore. She was hanging on the wall, scared of falling down. Two of her friends came over to the wall to console her, and I over heard this:

Katelyn: "Alex? What's Wrong?" Alex: "I'm scared I'm going to fall." Katie: "Alex, that's what life is all about, sometimes you fall down, but you have to get right back up again." Katelyn: "Yeah, Alex, you can't let this control you." - I about died! I was laughing so hard! Who are these girls? Dr. Phil's long lost daughters!?!? TOO much! It was hysterical!

This coming Friday, the floor people are coming to measure our rooms. We have decided on real wood for the living room (Havana Cohiba- My husband was sold on it immediately, since he loves Cuban cigars) and - are you ready for this? - LEOPARD carpet in the dining room!!! Yea!!! Those who know me, know I am not afraid to take a risk! It actually looks really, really good! Even he loves it! I know, it's a little bold, but hey, what's the worst thing that could happen? It's carpet!!! If in a year from know we cannot stand it, we will replace it with the boring beige! I am really excited. I hope they can lay it before my birthday. I promise I will post pictures after it is finished... You'll see, you will like it too!

Have a great week! ~Amy

3 comments:

  1. I like the leopard print idea, it will look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She has changed so much since your wedding!!! Thanks for all your help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was from me, her mamma! :) ~J

    ReplyDelete