First let me start by saying how absolutely wonderful my grandmother's service was! It was absolutely beautiful and me and my family
SOOOO appreciate everyone for coming. We had
SOOOO many friends there for support and I will never be able to tell you how much that meant to us. Again, I want to brag on Smith and
Kernke funeral services. If anyone EVER needs a funeral home, I HIGHLY recommend them! They are 5 star, no doubt. The facility was wonderful, but the customer service was even better. It was a true blessing. Here is a picture of the flowers we had at the alter. They were gorgeous. I love
Trochta's!

So... I went in today to have my eggs retrieved and guess what??? 32 eggs! That is not a typo... 32 eggs! We were ecstatic! Can you imagine what it would be like if I did not have the genetic issue? My friend that went through
invitro recently only had 10. I am a egg producing machine!! Have I bragged about how great my nurses and doctors are? AMAZING! We left the procedure and I was as high as a kite. At my grandmother's funeral, I almost dozed off, unintentionally, of course. I was alert enough to speak when the pastor asked if anyone had anything to say about her, and I am glad I did because I would have regretted it otherwise. I feel really good! I am still bloated as all get out, and the nurse told me today that it probably will not go down until I am pregnant because my ovaries are still enlarged. Doesn't that sound lovely? The doctor will call us tomorrow with the news of how many fertilized. We are hoping for somewhere between 16 & 20.
The song of the day is "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" by Stevie Wonder. That is the song that my husband and I were belting out in the Tahoe right before we got to the medical center. We love it. Today I am thankful for my family-in-law. Not only are my inlaws amazing, but my mother-in-law's brother and family made it in today for the funeral. It was completely unexpected and probably the nicest thing I have ever had happen to me. Also, my husband's grandparents who were not able to make it sent the nicest card, along with his Aunt Kimmy. I am blessed. They are amazing people, and I am so lucky to be able to say they are my family.
We will let everyone know as soon as we know something tomorrow. Our day is going to be fun. We are taking our friends from Chicago to the Oklahoma City Bombing Memorial and then to lunch. It will be nice to get out and relax, I am just not sure how long I can make it in this heat!!
Stay cool tomorrow! ~Amy
First I just wanted to say sorry about your grandmother. My husband has a balance translocation between 2 and 21 we went through IVF 2 times before we knew about and had 1 miscarriage w/ ivf #2. Then they finally decided to do genetic testing and we found out about it. Did ivf # 3 w/ PGD and I think they got 10 eggs and 9 last until day 5 and only one was normal (so I think w/ 32 you will have a bunch!) and I got pregnant but beta never went up like it should have. So we did not know what we were going to do we waited a couple more years and in June of 07 I found out we got pregnant on our own. I gave birth to a beautiful healthy little girl in Jan. 08 after 7 years of trying! I know this B/T stuff stinks and most people do not understand it. My husbands sister has been trying for like 9 years now and has had 3 miscarriages and refues to think there is a genetic issue in the fam. and will not get tested! But there is nothing we can do! Good Luck and I am sure you miracle is on it's way!!
ReplyDeleteLisa B.
A.Z.