Thursday, March 26, 2009

GREAT day!

There are 2 reasons today is a good day and I am going to share them with you!
(1) We finally found something for our kitchen wall! Hooray!! Here it is:

(2) I made a delicious strawberry sorbet, and for those who know my daily struggle with making homemade sorbet, you will appreciate the fact that one actually turned out and it was so good! Also, I did not have to purchase the Kitchenaid attachment for my mixer! So, long story short, I am sharing the recipe:

5 cups of strawberries, 2/3 cup of sugar, 2/3 cup of water and 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice

Blend the strawberries in your blender until smooth. In a saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil and cook until sugar is dissolved (about 5 minutes), cool slightly. Add this mixture to the blender, add the lemon juice and blend until fully mixed. Pour the mixture into a freezer container and freeze (at least 6 hours). Before serving let it set out for about 30 minutes and then blend mixture again. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream! *I personally think that you could reduce the sugar, it was a little sweet for me, but regardless, D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!

Anyway, I hope everyone has a safe weekend and try to keep warm in the snow storm!

~Amy

P.S. Happy Birthday Travis!!


No comments:

Post a Comment